Saturday, August 16, 2008

High and Heavy Hitters

A few weekends ago we had the privelage of spending the weekend at our friends' farm in Preeceville. Nevin, his wife Lindsey, his brother Nels, and his folks, Ken and Elsie, not to mention their Lion-like dog Montana, were taking care of buisness at the farm. Holly and I helped out with some berrypicking/painting for Holly, and fence building/beer drinking/freestylin, for myself.

Check out the new combine...pretty sweet! Also check out the hummingbirds feeding. A small army of little hummingbirds fight over the sugar water feeders, all day long... who knew Kool-Aid was such a hot commodity in the Preeceville region?

The crops are pretty nice this year, Nevin informed me. If you don't beleive me, check out Nevin's Mom, Elsie, in the bean field... I half expected to see a big nasty alien come sauntering out of there like in the movie 'Signs'... Or maybe shoeless Joe Jackson and James Earl Jones...

"If you build it, they will come"...

So, we built it - A fence that is - to keep virtually everything out of the orchard. Well, in 2 days we put up most of the 12 foot tall posts, pounded 4 feet into the ground. The fencing wire and other components were to come later. Meanwhile the ladies painted and caulked the grain truck, turning it into the hottest ride east of Saskatoon.

All in all it was a great weekend.

Finally, I have made a blog entry... it's off my chest and I can go to bed. If you're wondering why I'm up so late, it's because we just watched Batman in the theater with Holly's cousin Rob (my awesome, but now-ex roommate), and now I'm jacked, and trying to fend off the urge to put on tights and a cape to catch some criminals lurking around downtown.
























































Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The grain truck doesn't look right on all four wheels, ohhh low blow, sorry nels.

Love Jeff